AUSTRALIAN CERAMICS OPEN STUDIOS
19-20 August 2017
Potters from all over Australia will be opening up their studios this August to showcase their work, talk about ceramics and share their love for clay. Organised by the Australian Ceramics Association, Open Studios is a huge annual affair, attracting thousands of people every year.
The Northern Rivers is fast becoming known as a major centre for ceramic arts. Our region attracts many ceramic artists, from long standing locals to a growing population of new talent—so don't miss out on this great opportunity to pick up a piece of local treasure!
COME & VISIT US ON the Northern Rivers Mudtrail
Bring your family & friends to Byron School of Clay in August and find out what happens in a working pottery studio.
We have heaps of things for you to see and do, including:
- Have a FREE taster lesson on the pottery wheel
- Help build our Byron kids community clay sculpture
- Learn how we recycle clay & fire a kiln
- Enter our crazy clay competition to win a $200 gift voucher
- Fundraise for local artists with special needs (a group run by The Mullum Potters Association)
We will be open from 10am—4pm Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 August, Byron Bay Arts & Industry Estate view map here. Street parking is available and free.
Come and see for yourself why so many people Australia-wide are going mad for clay!